MANDALA TRANSFORMATION FOUNDATION, Inc.
THE ART OF ONENESS
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE YOUR HIGHEST GOALS INCLUDING HEALTH WITH A TRANSFORMATIONAL PROCESS, A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
Yoga, which derives its name from the word, "yoke" - to bring together - does just that, bringing together the mind, body and spirit with Asanas, Kriyas, Pranayama and meditation. The goal of Yoga is to reach complete peacefulness of body, mind and spirit, helping you to be active and in harmony with daily life. Ethics are important as a foundation for developing a positive outlook on life and constant transformation. When we are creative we are the most present in now. Practical tools for empowering and improving every day life are:
- The nature of thought
- How to deal with unwanted thoughts
- Transforming negative emotions
- How to turn obstacles to one's advantage
- Timeless mind - ageless body
- Martial Arts
- YOGA is a life of self-discipline based on the tenets of "simple living and high thinking".
Surya Namaskara benefits:
- Reduces depression, anxiety and stress by reducing key markers like cortisol
- Stretches and tones your muscles keeping them supple and flexible
- Enhances concentration and intuition
- Burns excess calories and tones the body
- Regulates endocrinal system leading to better metabolism, absorption of nutrition and elimination of toxins
- Helps you look young through better cell rejuvenation
- Excellent alternative to caffeine and other stimulants
- Calms the mind and helps get better sleep
- Increases the quantity of “good mood” neurotransmitters like Serotonin
- Improves posture, flexibility and balance and stability of mind
1. PROPER EXERCISE - ASANAS acts as a lubricating routine to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other parts of the body by increasing circulation and flexibility.
2. PROPER BREATHING - PRANAYAMA aids the body in connecting to its battery, the solar plexus, where tremendous potential energy is stored. When tapped through specific Yoga breathing techniques this energy is released for physical and mental rejuvenation.
3. PROPER RELAXATION - SAVASANA cools down the system, as does the radiator of a car. When the body and mind are continually overworked, their efficiency diminishes. relaxation is Nature's way of recharging the body .
4. PROPER DIET - VEGETARIAN YOGA is a life of self-discipline based on the tenets of "simple living and high thinking".
5. POSITIVE THINKING & MEDITATION puts you in control. The intellect is purified. The lower nature is brought under conscious control through steadiness and concentration of mind.
- The Sivananda Yoga Training Manual
Eat no more than 3 times per week as these foods significantly slow the cleansing process. If you experience during the fasting cleansing reactions, you may wish to consume more of these foods or if you wish to speed up the cleansing process, we recommend eating less of these foods.
THE BEST ALKALINE FORMING FOODS TO EAT
- All fresh fruits
- All fresh salad greens
- All sprouts
- All vegetables (raw or cooked)
- Almonds Sunflower Seeds, soaked *
- Apple cider vinegar
- Berries, fresh
- Corn on the cob, fresh *
- Dried fruits, unsulphured *
- Fresh or dried seasoning herbs
- Freshraw fruit juice
- Freshraw vegetable juice
- Goat whey (raw) *
- Green foods (algae, spirulina, chlorella)
- Herbal Teas(caffeine free)
- Honey (raw)
- Lime Beans *
- Maple syrup, organic
- Millet *
- Potatoes *
- Raw organic olive or flax-seed oils
- Sauerkraut (unsalted)
- Sea vegetables (well rinsed)
- Vegetable broth
- Vegetable soups
- Wheat grass juice
THE WORST ACID FORMING FOODS TO AVOID
- Black or white pepper
- Bread, baked
- Canned or frozen fruits and vegetables
- Cereals, all
- Foods cooked with oil
- Grains, except quinoa and millet
- Meat, fish, birds, shellfish
- Processed foods
- Soda crackers
- Soft drinks
- Sugar, white and processed
- Sweeteners, artificial
- Tea, unless caffeine free
- Vinegar, distilled
- Wheat, all forms